We are pleased to send you an update of what we were able to accomplish with your generous donations and support this season. We have been able to distribute 200 sleeping bags to the street-sleeping-homeless of NYC during one of the coldest winters the city has seen in many years. We took a spark, lit in the hearts of a few New Yorkers that dared to care, and ignited a fire that has warmed the hearts and bodies of people desperately in need of assistance. With that same fire we were able to inspire you, our supporters, to fan the flames which made a difference to so many.
Spring has arrived and the flames have died down, we are left with glowing embers but we pray that those embers will provide us with enough warmth and light to last until we spark a fire next year. It is our sincere hope that next season's fire will burn even hotter and brighter to light the way to achieving our 2014 - 2015 goals:
- We will distribute 250 - 300 sleeping bags.
- We will trade the old sleeping bags for new ones as well as wash and repurpose the old ones.
- We will hold steadfast to our commitment to you that 100% of your donation dollars will be used for the purchase of sleeping bags.
- We will be incorporated as a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- And finally, please save the date for our season kick off; The Sleeping Bag Project NYC's Walk for Warmth 2014, on October 12, 2014.
As we take a moment to reflect and wonder at how we may have helped even just one of New York City's most vulnerable rest a little easier, it is our fervent hope that God's grace might help us, even in this small way, to change lives and leave a legacy that will live on forever.
Thank you so very much.
Jody, Ronell, Lorna and the members of The Sleeping Bag Project of NYC.